Re: Wet Again

To: John & Allison Cyganowski <janah@att.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wet Again
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:13:52 -0700 (PDT)
John:

What should you do? Hmmm. If it was me, I'd start off by yelling a little
while. Throwing something is optional, if that's your style.

The next step is to sulk and stew over these %*$@+=~! British cars with their
furshenluginer design quirks. Normally this lasts for say, a week?

Then you enter the denial phase by repeatedly saying out loud to yourself, "All
British cars leak. That's how they're designed." Do not worry that other people
will think you're an eccentric oddball. You should already be used to that from
owning a LBC in the first place.

Now you move to acceptence. You begin to realize that no matter what you do,
these cars will always beat you. Begin drinking the adult beverage of your
choice. I recommend Thunderbird '04, or a quart bottle of Colt 45. (Be sure to
observe proper protocal by drinking straight from a bottle enclosed in a brown
paper bag.)

Then you enter the final step of confronting the problem and solving it. You
probably need to rebuild the master cyliner or replace it. If the servo has
never been rebuilt this may be the time to do that, too. I believe Apple
Hydraulics can handle both jobs for you, though other listers may have better
suggestions for you. In any case, just keep telling yourself, "It's only money!
It's only money!" Just out of morbid curiosity, do you have LMA fluid or
silicone in your brake lines? If it's the former get ready to do some
repainting.

And lastly, keep a sense of humor. I remember when I tried using a TR6 for my
sole mode of transportation back in the late 70's. I REALLY needed a sense of
humor then!

Good luck, John!

Jim Jones
72 Emerald (up on blocks)