RE: Glass channel replacement

To: "6-pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Glass channel replacement
From: "Saul W. Adelman" <sadelman@woh.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 06:16:08 -0400
I figured out a VERY easy way to put the door handles back on.  I cut two
strips of wood about 3-4 inches long and the thickness of the back of the
handle - about 3/8 to 1/2 inch (guessing). Place the handle on with the wood
spacers on each side allowing the pin hole to show.  Push the whole assembly
on until the pin hole lines up and drop the pin in with a pair of needle
nose pliers (sp?).  When this is done pull the wood out and the plastic
black piece will slip over the pin hole locking it in place.  No - damage to
anything and very fast.

Saul W. Adelman

Check out the new British Cars Forum: