Re: Whacko Tranny

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Whacko Tranny
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 23:03:30 -0700
Al---As the clutch disc wears, the hydraulic fluid level actually rises
in the MC. This is part of a self-adjusting feature. (You probably can't
tell, if you are having to add fluid, due to leakage.) Said another way,
as clutch discs wear, the release point gets higher on the pedal. No
adjustment should be necessary with your pedal stop-bolt, unless it was
marginally releasing the clutch from the get-go. You should be able to
"feel" when the clutch is released or engaged. Note then, the distance
down to the top of your pedal stop bolt. A half inch of free play is
said to be enough.

Dick

Al wrote:
Hi Vance,
I'm going to adjust my clutch petal stop bolt that is through the fire
wall for more travel. I had it adjusted very high, i.e. not much travel
on the pedal when I first installed the system. My theroy (tell me if
I'm wrong) is that the clutch disk has lost some thickness and further
travel should correct the problem. I also plan to bleed the hydraulic
T/O bearing.
On Thu, 13 May 2004 09:43:40 -0700 "Navarrette, Vance"