Re: Ready to start?

To: "Mitchel Seff" <ms6453@optonline.net>,
Subject: Re: Ready to start?
From: "Greg Dito" <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:04:07 -0500
Just an FYI for those wondering about running a new engine to at least 2000
rpm right off.  A good part of the oil dispersion inside the motor is
throwoff from the rods and crankshaft.  A benefactor of this is the camshaft
and lobes that get showered in oil.  At low RPMs there is not enough force
to throw sufficient oil up to the cam so letting a new motor idle is a dicey
situation.  The cam and lifters need oil immediately.  Even with cam
break-in lube it is only meant to last a few moments, just enough time until
the real oil starts working.  So get that new motor to 2000 RPM pronto and
keep it there as Mitch points out.

Greg Dito
CD6250L