Dirty !@*&#^%*@!!!

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dirty !@*&#^%*@!!!
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 07:58:45 -0800
        Listers:

        Since the wife doesn't care, I will whine to you.

        Worked on the 6 last night. Got the OD cable routed to the
new OD (thanks for the tips, everyone).
        Poured coolant into the brand new motor. Tightened some
dripping hose clamps, and thought everything was ready to go for the
start up. WRONG!
        I have THREE weeping freeze plugs. How on earth could anyone
mess up putting in freeze plugs!?!?! They are as complicated as an
anvil, and about as reliable. This is proof that there is nothing
so simple that I cannot screw it up. ARRRRGH! One of them is on
the back of the head. Double ARRRGH!
        So, no start up.
        I thought about putting in some stop leak, but that seems
like a cop out. I am thinking I will just replace the plugs without
pulling the motor. I will use permatex on them this time.
        Any tips or tricks on doing freeze plugs with the motor
in the car? Here is my plan: Pull the plugs using a big screw
twisted into each plug. Insert the new plugs using a bottle
jack, since it seems unlikely that I will be able to drive them
in using a socket and hammer in the tight confines of the engine
compartment.
        Somebody remind me why I thought this would be FUN. Perhaps
it is the thrill of victory when you subdue that LBC that seems
determined to turn you into a clock tower sniper. At this rate, it
is gonna be a while before I experience that thrill.

        Vance