Help: A little guidance from the pro's

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Help: A little guidance from the pro's
From: S Mann <quicksilver_rising@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 07:37:48 -0700 (PDT)
I have decided to get after the deteriorating finish in my engine compartment
due to leaking fuids.   The only area in need is of course immediately below
the clutch and brake master cylinders.  The entire under-hood area is otherwise
in very good condition and original.  The paint is only stained.

I gleefully dived in removing parts, photographing and maintaining a nice log
with the pictures as referecne on the shop computer.   The project has gone so
well that I have continued around the front of the car with parts removal.  If
for no other reason just to give everyting a good cleaning.  Last night off
came the valance/air intake and evaprative canister.  I am now considering a
complete engine removal and really to a top notch job of a complete under-hood
refinish.  The firewall is between the conditions of stained to becoming rusty.

Question:  Is this overkill? I want to maintain as much value in this car as is
possible.  I do not want to do too much work that may end up crossing over from
original to "restored"........or is this even an issue?

Can anyone share some opinions on this?

Thanks,

Scott
76 TR6