Re: Finally!

To: tr6nut@sbcglobal.net, forzion@maine.rr.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Finally!
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 01:39:40 EDT
No flaming from here but I think what you have is a personally run small
company that is doing about all they can at the moment.  Charles, John and the
staff at TRF are always going Mach III with their hair on fire because they
don't
have loads of staff and are trying to keep the personal touch in the company.
 Obviously a personal opinion of mine but having lived in London for several
years, knowing many of the Moss people, rebuilding more than one car, etc.,
TRF is a wonderful group to deal with who genuinely care about their customers
and their cars.  Is every product they sell perfect?  No but they do at least
try and they are always willing to try to help out or discuss a problem you are
having.  I have yet to get an invoice from John for his time when I have had
a question or been in search of something.  He has even referred me to other
vendors on certain items.  What more can we ask than for someone to do their
best?

As for the timing of the catalogs?  Who knows!!  But I CAN say that they have
never failed to give me the sale price on an item when I ask about it. i.e.
there is some degree of flexibility that is kept by keeping the business
"Personal!"  I like that myself.  With all do respect to Moss and Vicki Brit
(and
yes, I do buy from them) TRF has traveled lots of miles to set up a vendor
booth
bring loads of parts in their own personal cars for our benefit on many
occasions.  They have also been extremely generous in donating items for shows,
club events, etc.  I have yet to run into Vicki Brit doing this and only seen
Moss a few times and never with the amount of items that TRF brings.  As for
being generous in donating items I have had little success with Moss or Vicki
Brit.  It would seem to me they would rather buy ads in magazines that spend
that
money helping various functions and clubs.  Again just my personal opinion.
Others may have had a different experience.

Guess you could say I like them and I like their style.

Gary Fuqua
Branson, Missouri
Retired CEO of a large company that forgot about their customers!