Re: Distributor Advance Weights

To: <Gameparker@cs.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Distributor Advance Weights
From: "Greg Dito" <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 18:14:07 -0400
Geoff,

Read the attached link for a pretty informative explanation of Lucas
distributor performance modifications.  As the article states, it does not
matter what LBC you have, the science applies to all including TR-6.
http://www.planet.eon.net/~chichm/tech.htm
Distributors were always somewhat of a "black art" to me, but from what I've
learned so far is that it's all in the springs and not the weights.  It will
explain in depth the meaning of the numbers, but in a nutshell that is the
max degrees advance allowed by the plate.  I've yet to come across a better
article and if there is one I'd love to know where.

Greg
CD6250L