Re: TR6 Ball Joint Removal

Subject: Re: TR6 Ball Joint Removal
From: "Paul G. Edelstein" <pgedelstein@CapitalTriumphRegister.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:18:27 -0400
Chris and all,

The right tool for the right job.  This tool is like a reverse clamp and
lever, and works sensationally!  It applies pressure rather than impact,
does not smoosh the rubber boot, and does not flatten the end of the bolt
(that can make reinstallation  difficult.  And, it works on both tie rods
AND ball joints.

http://jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101
&storeId=10101&langId=-1&productId=219190&mediaCode=ZX&appId=480787

JC Whitney part no. 81ZX2149N.  If you don't like JC Whitney, similar (or
identical) tools are available
from Eastwood and some of our parts suppliers (I believe VB has these).  NFI
etc.

Happy squeezing.

Paul E.
Annandale, VA