RE: TR6 Ball Joint Removal

To: "'TR6 Triumph'" <tr6_1969@hotmail.com>, <chris.lummis@sympatico.ca>,
Subject: RE: TR6 Ball Joint Removal
From: "Jim Swarthout" <jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 00:18:45 -0400
This sounds like a prime opportunity to design, and add, a new tool to
my list of cool TR products.

Best regards,
Jim Swarthout
Creative Engineering & Design, Inc.

<<<Hi Chris (and list),

Do not assume that all pickle forks are the same.  I found that it was
imperative to have a pickle fork that was "just right" to remove the
ball
joints.  I had a hell of a time about 10 years ago replacing those on my

Dad's TR6.  Sorry I can't say which one you need to get though.  Just
keep
buying them until you find one that works.  Then make sure to give away
all
the ones that didn't, so you know you have the correct one.

To make matters worse for me, I am going to do this again in the near
future
(to my TR6) and can't find the fork I had settled on.  Doh!  Let me know

what you find.>>>

Good luck.

Sincerely,
Dave Herbert