Milling Tr6 Head ????

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Milling Tr6 Head ????
From: Berzins Family <berzins@eastlink.ca>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 14:11:36 -0300
Hi folks,

I'm just looking for some input & advice on my 1974.5 Tr6 engine &
winter "fix up plans"

Here is the Storyline - Engine seems to run well & has a small amount of
miles on it after a rebuild by PO (5 years ago) - minimal oil
consumption - mostly due to leaks. Compression is 110 across all
cylinders. (i'm assuming this is good as this smogged motor has a  CR
of 7.5 to 1)

The Gameplan - to mill the head to increase CR to around 9.5 to 1, and
at same time a valve job & some minimal porting. I'm also wondering if I
should re-ring the engine at the same time? (I've heard valve jobs &
increase in compression can sometimes seize the oil control rings)

My goal is to spend a minimal amount of $$ in order to increase the
performance. Also I plan to change over to a set of Hs6's that I have
acquired & a set of Jim S's roller rockers that I am awaiting.

Thanks in advance for all you help!!

Aivars Berzins