Drip free TR6 engine achieved !

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Drip free TR6 engine achieved !
From: "TR6 Triumph" <tr6_1969@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 03:54:25 +0000
Hi all,

I was just reading my old posts to the list (back from April) and wanted to
tell everyone that my TR6 engine is now drip free!!!!

I had a multitude of drip originating issues: including but not limited to:
valve cover gasket, top of valve cover where the nuts hold the cover down,
the fuel pump gasket, metal fuel line itself after teh fuel pump, et cetera
ad nasuem).  I'd been taking care of one issue after another without
thinking about it much as a whole until last week.  After the second of my
three recently trips in my 6 I had cause to park in someone else's garage so
I laid down a piece of thick clear plastic (which I carry around with me)
and drove it up over top of it (as I didn't want to soil the pretty concrete
of the person's garage that I was parking in).  Two days later when I pulled
out I was pleasantly surprised: no oil on the plastic under the engine!

With time comes insanity.  And on rare occasion- success.

Sincerely,
Dave Herbert
1969 TR6

http://msnmessenger-download.com