Re: Transmission bolts

To: <bratt@sasktel.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Transmission bolts
From: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:22:15 -0400
Ed,

If you've not gotten the specific answer to your question here it is, along
with Triumph part number for the primary fastener:

1. Transmission to trans mount:  1/2 x 1-1/2 UNF hex bolt (HB1112) qty 2 with
lock washers and nuts
2. Clutch slave cylinder to bracket: 5/16 x 1-1/8 UNF hex bolt (HB809) qty 2
with lock washers and nuts (if 1-1/8 long not found go to 1-1/4 long)
3. Clutch slave bracket to engine: 5/16 x 1-5/8 UNF hex bolt (HB813) qty 2 with
lock washers and nuts
4. Trans bellhousing to engine: 5/16 x 1-3/8 UNF hex bolt (HB811) qty 8 with 11
lock washers and nuts (extra for 3 studs from block)

I might be wrong on this but to be on the safe side all fasteners in this case
must be Grade 8 hardware.  Try to avoid the hardware superstores like Lowes and
Home Depot.

Greg
CD6250L