Steering Rack Rebuild

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering Rack Rebuild
From: "The Romagni's" <mrdr@buckeyeweb.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:00:24 -0500
RE: Steering Rack RebuildFellow Listers,

I've searched the archives and I couldn't find any mention of this, so I
wanted to get the collective advice of the list. I am contemplating
rebuilding my steering rack and was looking for advice, do's, don'ts etc.
Has anyone done this? How hard is it? Or should I send Charles the $250 and
have him do it? Looking at the Bentley manual, it seems fairly straight
forward. However, I did not see any TRF rebuild kit when I looked in the
catalog.  One more thing, how much should the rack move when I turn the
wheel side to side? I have the (original) rubber bushings.

Thanks in advance,

Marty Romagni
1974 TR6
Painesville, Oh