Re: Dizzy squealing?

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Ken Owens" <kenowens@mchsi.com>
Subject: Re: Dizzy squealing?
From: <mahlmeister1@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 07:30:55 -0400
Ken,
When you rebuilt your engine did you set up your distributor drive shaft end
float to the distributor pedestal? Their is a procedure in Bentley that
describes how to arrive at the 0.005 in gap that's required.  Perhaps your
pedestal is bolted down right on the drive gear without the clearance and
starts to squeal after the parts heat up and the lubricant burns off from
the part contact.  Might be worth a check.

Dave Mahlmeister
72 tr6