Re: Dreaded rear right clunk

To: jlumia@ball.com
Subject: Re: Dreaded rear right clunk
From: "Paula J. Graffam" <pjgraffam@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 17:23:50 -0400
Hi John,

" If I am comfortable removing the diff."  ????

 NO!  I will not be comfortable on my back and getting a stiff neck and
cursing the exhaust system.  I am too old (57 years). And I know there
are older guys out there who can and will do this, but not this guy.

After a thorough analysis of what's required I will pay the $$$ for
another to do this #@%^& job.  I guess it's all my fault for regularly
burning out in 1st and 2nd gear to impress my 51 year old wife.  I hope
she doesn't see this!

regards,

Al Graffam 74 French Blue
ps . . . I just got my first citation in 25 years from a surly MA state
patrol officer who " thought" I was driving my TR6 too fast in a
construction zone when I hit a bump at 30mph and lifted the front end off
the ground. ( no warning of bump ahead)  $145.00 worth of charges that
are bogus!!!  Of course I'm going to court and I pray the officer is
there.  I have a few more things to tell him.  My front end is ok.

By the way . . . when he turned his back to me after giving me the ticket
I started the car and gave him alot of exhaust.  He didn't like that too
much and told me he'd give me another ticket for defective equipment with
my "after market rear end muffler"!!!  That really hurt me.