Re: regular or hardened lifters for stock cam?

To: jsnable@mac.com (Jay Snable)
Subject: Re: regular or hardened lifters for stock cam?
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 22:59:55 -0700 (PDT)
Jay---The Strombergs and the original cam grind should give a smooth
idle, if this is what you are asking. The higher CR shouldn't upset
this.
The vacuum signal should be between 18 and 22 inches, depending on idle
speed and ignition advance.

The 02 meter will guide you back to a good air/fuel mix.

The "fast road" cam was probably too much for the stock ZS needles, esp,
at idle where the engine needs more fuel to be happy. The 02 meter needs
to show an A/R of around 12:1 to satisfy a cam with these specs.

Expect the stock cam to give you more bottom end and mid range torque,
and by contrast run out of breath much earlier.
If the feedback you are after is on the GP2, others have said it's a
good one for the street. I don't know what the vacuum signal would be,
but I'd expect around 14 to 16 inches at idle, with ignition timing set
around 8 deg.

Dick
'73