tire size

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: tire size
From: "Jim Jones" <cjones13393@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:03:56 -0500
My 72 has a rebuilt suspension that includes nylatron bushes, lower springs
and a front sway bar from Goodparts and a Spax shock conversion. The previous
owner put on a set of 15x6 Panasport wheels with Pirelli 205/65 P600 tires.
The car handles curves wonderfully well and does not ride too harshly. The
problem is that it likes to wander a lot when driving on moderately rutted
highways or on "rain grooved" stretches of road. It's not unmanagable, but it
can be tiring because there's lot of both around where I live. I've tightened
the tie rod ends and checked the bearings. There's no play in either.

Are the oversize tires the culprit here, or do I need to consider having a
small amount of toe-in dialed into my front alignment? Any thoughts are
appreciated.

Jim