transmission apostasy?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: transmission apostasy?
From: "Scot Montrey" <SMontrey@nam.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:19:18 -0400
A while ago there was a mention in my local club newsletter about a
company in New Zealand (of all places) that makes kits to adapt modern
transmissions to LBC's.  Not sure if that included TR6s.  Later, I ran
across a mention on the internet about a company in Britain that was
working on a kit specifically for the TR6 -- I'm vague on details, but
it seems like the new transmission involved came from a Ford not sold in
the states.  (Fat lot of help that would be.)

Anybody know anything more definitive about this possibility?  I know
it's a mighty serious alteration, but...  well, let's face it, not many
of us are driving our Triumphs because we're in love with the gearboxes,
particularly those who don't have overdrive.  You guys seem to be really
plugged in - anybody know what the deal with this is?

Also, while I'm mooching free advice, anybody had any experience with
the direct bolt-on (i.e. no spline adapter) wire wheels that Dayton
claims will fit the TR6?

Thanks much - Scot M.