Original Cam Sprocket Timing Mark

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Original Cam Sprocket Timing Mark
From: "Bob Fabie" <RFabie@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 17:42:06 -0400
I'm in the process of installing my new stock TR6 cam. With the help of Dick
Taylor and Bentleys, the cam is properly set and its sprocket is ready to be
lined up with the OEM dimple mark on the front cover backing plate. My cam
sprocket did not come with any OEM marks and the mark I punched was for my old
Piper cam so it doesn't apply.

The Haynes manual shows a picture of the cam sprocket with the OEM mark in the
valley of one of the sprockets and Bentley's shows the OEM mark on the tip. I
can get the chain to properly align  using the valley, but not the tip. Which
one is it?

Does anyone have an OEM cam sprocket who can tell me where the mark is placed,
i.e., on the tip or in the valley?

If all else fails, does anyone know where I can purchase a new cam sprocket
with OEM markings?

That half a tooth can make a big difference, so I'd appreciate hearing from
the collective wisdom of the list.

Thanks for your help.

Bob Fabie