TR250 yellow striped hoses

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: TR250 yellow striped hoses
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 16:00:51 -0400
Well, I cleaned up my one remaining TR250 yellow striped radiator hose,
and upon close inspection it seems clear that the original yellow stripe
was made by taping the black hose and painting the thing yellow.

The edges of the yellow stripe are not perfectly sharp and you can see
where the yellow paint has undercut the tape in places.

There is a seam in the fabric cover on these hoses, and in one spot
there is a manufacturing defect where the edge of the fabric is folded
back on itself making the seam twice as thick as it should be. You can
see where the tape bridged this ridge and the yellow paint has obviously
undercut the tape by about 1/4 inch.

Now if we can just find some yellow paint that will work well.

After cleaning this hose, I'd have to say that the yellow is more of a
light mustard shade rather than bright yellow. But this could certainly
be the affects of dirt and age. Hard to say what the original color was
from this piece.

I'll bring the hose with me to the TRF summer party. If anyone is
interested they can have a look at it.

Don Malling