oil filter for spin on adapter

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil filter for spin on adapter
From: doug shook <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:11:06 -0700
I searched this on the triumphs digest archives (I
have had problems trying to search the 6pack
archives -- I think we have some indexing
problems, or something similar).

Anyway, the engine is coming back together
(waiting on some block plugs before I can button
it up), but I am curious about the spin on oil
filter adapter that I bought from BP Northwest (no
oil cooler fittings style).

It would appear to me that the way this thing is
constructed, it will accept almost any spin on
filter made.

I like AC Delco for filters, and since I have PF
47's and PF 53's for my GMC cargo van and my
Sportster, is there any reason why I should not
use the venerable PF 47?  This filter probably has
been on every small block Chevy and GM 4.3L V6
made. I even checked a PF 1234 on the adapter, and
it mated fine.

Now I do know there are flow capacities, bypass
break points, etc., but if a PF 47 is sufficient
for a GM truck engine (similar oil pressure), is
there any reason I should not be able to use it on
this adapter?

I would put the best filter I can on this engine,
but I'm just trying to simplify my life here.

thanks,

old dirtbeard

los angeles

'72 BSA B50SS