alternator converison

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: alternator converison
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 20:34:30 EDT
I need to replace my alternator.  I tried finding a Bosch unit (Ford Fiesta),
as per an achives thread, but I cannot find the model that is cited.
Supposedly, it is "no longer available"  1.  Does anyone Know of a source for
the
Bosch unit- which is reported to fit with no alternations to the mounts, or  2.
Can someone give me a specific model # for a 3 wire GM that will fit without
having to alter the mounts significantly?  I've read the VTR stuff, as well as
Buckeye triumph's Dan Masters info.  The electrics look easy enough, but I
really don't want to get into cutting and grinding.
Thanks
Joe Davis