Re: Static Timing, part II

To: Gameparker@cs.com
Subject: Re: Static Timing, part II
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 14:43:27 -0700 (PDT)
Goeff---I accidently hit the RETURN key before completing my thoughts
here...

If the manual wants the points to be opened for only 14 crankshaft
degrees, (24 BTDC to 10 BTDC) this would be only 7 distributor degrees,
leaving 53 dist. degrees for when the points are in the closed position.
Not a likely scenerio. Something's wrong with my math or the way the
manual is describing doing the static timing..
Probably why I do the timing dynamically and why dwell meters are the
instrument of choice for the points gap setting.

Do others who set theirs without a timing light do it "statically" and
"by the book"?

Dick