Re: Static Timing

To: Gameparker@cs.com
Subject: Re: Static Timing
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 14:26:19 -0700 (PDT)
Geoff---Sorry about the pin repositioning info that I gave earlier
didn't work for you. I know this change of 180 is possible, because I've
done it this way on a '73. (The pin is centered on the shaft, but the
dogs are not) In any event, turning the distributor/oil pump gear 180
was the better way to do this.

On to the static timing...We know that there is 60 deg. between each
lobe point on any six.  Setting the points gap at around .012 should
give a dwell angle of 35 deg. (Points closed) This would mean the points
would be open 25 deg.  Keep in mind that the "60" is in rotor degrees,
while the timing marks are in crank degrees.