Re: Warning to Ebay sellers

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Warning to Ebay sellers
From: "Bob Fabie" <RFabie@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 08:52:00 -0400
I've bought and sold several Triumph items on E-Bay. Without exception, each
transaction went smoothly and without a hitch. I think E-Bay  represents a
valuable resource for members of our group. However, it's painfully obvious
that so many buyers  end up paying as much, if not more, for general Triumph
parts than if they had purchased the parts from a catalog retailer. I also
think that many Triumphs are sold on E-Bay for "more" than they're actually
worth. Undoubtedly, some of these are the result of buyers overlooking
problems, or being unaware of how much it will actually cost to repair
problems,  that are clearly evident in the posted photos that accompany the
listing.

If the winning bidder turns out to be  deadbeat, there's a system in place
that allows the seller to offer the item to the next highest bidder. And, as
always, leaving feedback provides some insight into a buyer and sellers
past.

Anyway, that's my contribution to this thread.

Bob Fabie
'75 TR6