Re: TR6 Running Rich - New Motor Rebuild

To: "TR6 Triumph" <tr6_1969@hotmail.com>, Chip19474@aol.com,
Subject: Re: TR6 Running Rich - New Motor Rebuild
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 00:09:06 -0500
At 11:23 PM 6/7/03 +0000, TR6 Triumph wrote:

>But don't discount that drop in fuel pressure either.  That is telling you
>something.

Dave Herbert's note reminded me of something that took place a couple of
years ago as we were caravanning to the Breckinridge VTR Convention. One of
the cars, a TR6 that had been converted to electronic fuel injection, lost
power and then quit running. After checking the usual stuff, the owner
determined the engine wasn't getting fuel. He popped the filler cap to see
if his gauge was wrong and heard a rush of air going into the tank. For
some reason, the tank had stopped venting properly and with no air getting
into the tank, the electric fuel pump was no longer able to pull fuel from
the tank.

I know this is a long shot for your situation, but why don't you open the
filler the next time the car starts to lose power? But first, change out
the coil.

HTH,

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U