Re: things to do to a head while getting a valve job

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>,
Subject: Re: things to do to a head while getting a valve job
From: "Mark Anderton" <andertonm@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 20:38:29 -0400
When I had my head redone recently due to what I thought was a broken valve
spring, Abacus Racing found I had four of twelve springs broken.  Some
inners had been broken for awhile, apparently.  Same shop had done the head
for me 15 years ago and, at that time I had them mill it to give 10.5:1
compression.  I wouldn't do that again.  It has cost me a fortune in 93
octane gas and I had to shim the rocker stands to get valve clearance.  This
time they went with single springs so they could put stem seals on the
intake valves.  All back together and working fine.

Mark Anderton
72 TR6
http://members.cox.net/andertonm/car_stuff.html