Serial Number tags

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Serial Number tags
From: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:35:29 -0400
Hello list;

Just had the tub painted and now that the engine is going to be going
back in, I note that there's one item for which I forgot to take a
careful note. My 74 TR6 is chassis number CF25194U. In preparing the tub
for paint, I removed two serial number tags from the firewall which had
been riveted on. One reads T26662CF which I know is the body number
(from my BMIHT certificate). The other tag reads 25054CF. This number
isn't listed on my BMIHT certificate. Anyone know what this tag is for?
The real reason for my writing is to ask: As the two tags were arranged
one above the other on the firewall, which tag goes on top?

Dave Friedlander
'74 TR6
Sapphire Blue