Re: last try for the ebay link (SOLUTION)

To: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>, "dl" <dplin@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: last try for the ebay link (SOLUTION)
From: Blake Discher <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:56:52 -0400
At 12:17 PM 4/24/2003, Skip Montanaro wrote:
>     Dave> I don't know why this is so hard for me to post this link so here
>     Dave> it is again
>
>Apparently your mailer keeps splitting the line in the middle of the URL.
>When people click on it they are clicking on an invalid URL.
>Here's a simple trick to remember when you want to post a long URL.  Visit
>     http://tinyurl.com/

Even simpler:  after you've copied the link and pasted it, enclose it in
greater than / less than symbols like: <URL here>.  All mail programs will
keep it intact.  Your link follows:

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2412173718>

Super easy, and you don't have to rely on a third party service that may
install spyware on your computer if you install their 'free' browser toolbar.

Cheers,
Blake Discher
----

SPONSOR ME?  Driving my British car to benefit Hemophilia
Foundation:  http://www.mibrr.com
Play the game: "Don't Crash the
Triumph!"   http://www.fireflystudios.com/triumph