Re: EBAY - H4 Halogen Cibie Headlamp

To: mbullard@hawaii.rr.com, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: EBAY - H4 Halogen Cibie Headlamp
From: Jadewey211@cs.com
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 21:14:30 EDT
In a message dated 4/21/03 5:53:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mbullard@hawaii.rr.com writes:

> Aloha Listers:
>
>  Has anyone used the headlamps listed in the link below.  Curious if they
are
>  any good or if I can get just as good or better for cheaper?
>
>  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dllViewItem&item=2412004945&;
> category=34207
>
>  Thanks in advance.
>
>  Mark Bullard
>  Kailua, HI

Mark - It is my understanding that halogen headlamps will draw more current
than the stock light switch can handle safely (and reliably). Some of the big
suppliers offer a relay based rewire assembly for using halogen lamps. That
way the headlamp switch actuates the relay using low current, and the relay
contacts handle the high current needed for the halogens.

Jeff Dewey, Secretary
Richmond Triumph Register
Proud hosts for VTR2004