Rear hub Rebuild

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear hub Rebuild
From: mocharand5@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:51:55 EDT
I just thought I would share my experience getting these apart.
Pressing this apart was very interesting.
I built a jig to hold the hub properly.
Forgetting to install the end piece in my press I punched a perfect 3/4 hex
hole through a 5/16 plate of steel up the end of my press shaft, (attempting
to press out the shaft.) WOW
My second attempt was even better. I'm glad I had the nut screwed on the end
of the shaft. Had I not, I think it would have hit the floor and destroyed
the unit.
It came lose at about 26 tons on my 50 ton press gage. One hell of a bang.
A lot of force for such a small shaft. I've never came across anything like
this before.
Tom Rand
Poland Spring, Maine
1970 TR6