Not LBC related, polishing Stainless Steel

To: "Web_disscusion List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Not LBC related, polishing Stainless Steel
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 16:39:17 -0500
 Since I couldn't drive the TR for obvious reasons I chose to ride the BMW
K1100RS (motorcycle). Some of you may think yeah, great day for it 73 degrees.
Well that's not what the motorcycle had in mind or has the TR6 sabotaged the
BMW? Maybe I shouldn't park put the two so close together, Germans and Brits
don't get along to well. At least I'm not restoring a Spitfire.

  To make a long story short, the motorcycle started missing, so I nursed
about 2 miles home. When I stopped and got off the bike, I noticed the
stainless steel muffler was glowing a nice shade of cherry red. Given the bike
is a pretty hot bike, but this is taking it to extremes. Now for my question,
the muffler had a nice shinny stainless steel cover which has now turned a
bluish black color from the heat. Is it possible to buff the stainless back to
its former shinny color or has extreme heat ruined it?

Thanks for any input.
Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com