Re: Head Gasket Thickness

To: "Nick Gemas" <gln@worldpath.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Head Gasket Thickness
From: "Gregory Dito" <g.dito@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 04:08:07 -0400
Nick,

At the stated lift and compression your valve clearance is fine.
Competition engines run 12:1 compression with higher valve lift without a
problem.  Just be sure that you maintained your rocker geometry by either
shortening your tubular pushrods (the preferred method) or shimming the
rocker pedestals and are using appropriate performance valvesprings that
match the cam's profile to avoid coil binding and valve float at high RPM.

Greg
CD6250L