Re: TR6 Project Car -- questions

To: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: TR6 Project Car -- questions
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 16:18:42 -0600
 The rear deck isn't that bad, but DON'T get the complete assembled three
pieces. Buy the 3 separate pieces and fit yourself, as it will be a better
fit. As with most things on the TR, Replacing the rear deck isn't that bad as
long as you take your time in fitting it.
  The rear valance does take some time to remove as there are a lot of spot
welds in various locations holding it on. If you equate time as being hard
then yes it's hard to do, but not that bad. The way I looked at repairs to my
car, if it had rust replace the complete panel.. Others might prefer to patch
it, but not me as I'm rather anal about rust.
  Cruciform, I don't remember it being of thicker material than the frame. The
cruciform on my car had a few dime size holes in it and when it was
removed......surprise, lots of rust underneath. Of course there is no way to
tell unless you remove it. Should you, guess it depends on if you see
something that makes you think rust is underneath it.
  There are picts on my web page of these repairs.

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com
View My restoration @ (http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration)