Re: TR250 trunck handle lock cylinder removal -- chrome fender

To: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>, "6-Pack"
Subject: Re: TR250 trunck handle lock cylinder removal -- chrome fender
From: "Gregory Dito" <g.dito@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 16:25:56 -0500
Don,

If I can recall, there are two retaining parts - a small pin in the backside
of the handle collar and a thin circular spring clip somewhere behind the
collar.  You need to remove both, but the pin requires something to drive it
out.  I think I used a regular steel nail.  Once the pin is out the barrel
and handle collar slip out of the handle.

TR250 fender beading was painted body color - no exceptions.  I admit to
liking the trim left unpainted, as on TR4 and 4A, but it is not the way it
left the factory.  I can't speak for TR5s.

Because of the polished surface the paint chips fairly easily which then
exposes the polished surface below it.  I find this rather annoying.  One
probbly needs to have the beading prepped in some manner before painting so
it better adheres to the beading.

Greg
CD6250L
Chapel Hill, NC