RE: Adhesive, grease remover recommendations?

To: "'Kronberg, Peter'" <Peter.Kronberg@hp.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Adhesive, grease remover recommendations?
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:42:36 -0500
It's a dry fit.  No adhesive needed.

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-6pack@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-6pack@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of Kronberg, Peter
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 9:36 AM
To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Adhesive, grease remover recommendations?

Hey All,
Well, I pulled my tail lights in anticipation of repainting the black
rear panel...but the gaskets were apparently stuck on with some form of
adhesive...
2 questions:
I'd like to remove the build up of old adhesive, accumulated wax, and
crud...but I'm afraid to apply a solvent in the area of the enamel
paint...don't want to dissolve or mar the finish...so I got some organic
Orange Oil degreaser/auto cleaner...and some generic solvent
distillate...which to use?

Secondly...my new gasket set didn't come with an adhesive backing for
the tail lights...should I use adhesive, or is a dry compression fit
good enough?

Thanx in advance,

Pete
Pete Kronberg