Re: Removal of emissions equipment

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, "Kronberg, Peter" <Peter.Kronberg@hp.com>
Subject: Re: Removal of emissions equipment
From: Seth Glassman <76tr6@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:09:02 -0500
Peter,

I also have a '76 and removed mine last year.  I'm not so sure if I felt any
appreciable gain in performance, but like you felt since I didn't need all
the "plumbing" anymore since all inspection have been safety only since the
car turned "25".

The procedure was simply to disconnect the rubber hose (I thinkit was
rubber?) from the air pump to the air rail on the exhaust manifold.  The air
pump is removed from the dual bracket (that altenator is also attached) and
the air rails disconnect from the exhaust manifold by removing the
associated bolts.  You will have to replace the exhaust manifold with one
where the air rail holes are plugged or weld the holes yourself.  I bought a
new manifold from TRF when it went on sale last year.
Good luck

Seth Glassman
'76 TR6 CF57223UO