Re: Low clutch release and catching teeth in 3rd...related?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Low clutch release and catching teeth in 3rd...related?
From: "Matt M." <afterburn27@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:05:46 -0800 (PST)
OK, these are the EXACT two problems I am having with
my transmission and clutch right now.

About the trans - I had it rebuilt recently and after
1500 miles it was still grinding into third gear. So I
took it apart again, and this time I noticed that
while the synchros would lock up on the other three
gears, none of them would get a good bite on third
gear. I ordered a new third gear and I am in the
process of putting the transmission back together. I
will report the results...

About the clutch - I have the exact same problem and
it was fixed (I think temporarily) by bleeding the
hydraulic system. I also have cloudy fluid, which I
think indicates that the fluid is breaking down the
aluminum. If this doesn't fix it for good then I am
buying a new master cylinder as I already replaced the
slave cylinder. It was engaging so close to the floor
that one day I couldn't get the clutch to fully
disengage; it was an experience in RPM matching to get
it home! ;)

Hope some of this helps...

                    -Matt  '74 TR6

http://platinum.yahoo.com