Re: Another Brake Caliper Question

To: trsix74@comcast.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Another Brake Caliper Question
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 10:33:28 -0500
Thanks Bob,

I do have them apart.  One suggestion that was given that I followed was to use
drill bits.  I went into my local NAPA store where fellow TR6 owner and lister
Rick works and he had a numbered set of drill bits that he let me use to chase
the holes.    I used just my fingers and no drill to work the bits in and out
until I had them pretty clean.  There is residue inside which I will use the
brake cleaner method you suggested in order to clean them out.  Thanks for the
idea.  I had assumed incorrectly that the holes in the calipers were curved and
never checked to see if they were or not.  Sometimes my brain isnt really
engaged.  That is one of the great advantages to this list, it helps you to
recognize and/or remember the obvious.

Aaron
(Maine...with the snow holding off for now...)