RE: Dings on daily drivers - and deliberate vandalism

To: "Triumph Six-Pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dings on daily drivers - and deliberate vandalism
From: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:11:20 -0600
in the Washington, D.C. area, where I live, it's not unusual for cars to be
deliberately scratched with a key, often for no apparent reason.

convertible tops get slashed for the same reason (not, apparently, for
theft). And, generally, the more expensive the car, the more likely it is to
happen.

this generally does NOT seem prompted by a poor job of parking, or
retaliation ... it's just random acts of vandalism.

I'm curious if this happens in other places.

--Graham