Compression options / opinions? and manifolds

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Compression options / opinions? and manifolds
From: <triumph@jamesrenfrew.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 16:24:35 -0800
Hi everyone, I'm a new guy to the list so let me introduce myself first.

My name is James Renfrew and I have a fully restored.

Red 1976 TR6 with hardtop
Basically stock with stainless exhaust, and stainless brake lines.

I have a 1978 Porsche 928 5spd that I autoX as well, just for fun when
I'm not in the TR.

Anyways.

I was wondering what kind of compression ratios you who have rebuilt
your engines are running.

Can you write in and let me know what ratio you are running, what fuel
you can (or have to) run and if you would do anything different now?

I am thinking of a 9.5, 9.75 to 1 ratio.  I'm wondering if I should go
all the way to 10:1 but I think it might be a little over the top.

Has anyone done anything for performance work on your stock intake or
exhaust manifolds?

My goal is to kick up the power as much as I can while still maintaining
the stock looks.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

James Renfrew
Victoria BC Canada