Re: SU Carbs on TR 6

To: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: SU Carbs on TR 6
From: Terry Geiger <twgeiger@hiwaay.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 10:07:13 -0600 (CST)
Micheal,

I ran a set of SU's on my TR6 for about six months and was quite pleased with
them overall.

Mine were HS6's that came from a Volvo.  Joe Curto provided the correct
jets/needle combination for the TR6.  Also, due to the angle that the carbs
set on a TR6 engine (almost level) you must use the MGC fuel bowl to get the
correct fuel level.

I'd contact Joe Curto as he is the SU guru in the US.  If you provide him with
the needle/jet combination you're using he should be able to help you out.  No
financial interest in Joe Curto, just a satisfied customer.

http://www.joecurtoinc.com/

Terry Geiger
Florence, Alabama USA
1974 TR6 Mimosa Yellow