Update or More on Trans Conversion

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update or More on Trans Conversion
From: "John Reynolds" <JohnTempe8@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 21:59:05 -0700
After posting my comparison on MPH vs RPM on the before and after converting
to the Toyota 5 speed I was surprised at the variations in what others were
running at similar speeds.  I had had the speedo checked by a shop to make
sure it was accurate.  The Celica trans mates to the Triumph without
adaptors and was accurate. They put the car on a machine/dyno to check it.
Originally I had a problem with the new cable being too long and "pushing"
into the speedo which caused it to be inaccurate. That was fixed and now
works smoothly.
I put a dwell/tach on the car today to check the tach and it's waaaaayyyy
off. Tach reads higher that it should.  Sorry for the confusion but I made
one of those "assumptions"(that the tach was correct) which I guess
shouldn't have.
The more I've driven it, the more I'm pleased with it.  The "lower" first
through fouth was a benefit I hadn't expected and the 5th is the whipped
cream!  I may begin to miss the smell of Hypoid burning off the exhaust
pipe.

John
71TR6