Clear Powder Coat and intake Manifold

To: "Web_disscusion List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clear Powder Coat and intake Manifold
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 19:36:39 -0600
 I've just got finished polishing my Triple intake and it looks quite nice.
Well now I need to preserve the shine and need to know if clear powder coat
will discolor, crack or peal with the heat which the head produces. I'd hate
to have this done and then try to remove the powder coat if it wasn't up to
the job.
  Has anyone done this to there's? How well did it hold up? Any other
suggestions? I thought of using a clear paint that Eastwood sells and it's
supposed to work for this, but I'd prefer the powder coat as it will be
cheaper for me.

TIA, and Merry Christmas all,

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com