Re: Brake Pipes

To: Alan <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Brake Pipes
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 00:21:59 -0500
Hi Al,

I think you are quite right... "my bad" as they say.  :-)

I called VB, between meetings, before I made my post, and asked if the
Stainless Steel brake lines Part Number (whatever) were straight or
pre-bent. She replied with great certainty in her voice, and as if she
was reading it: "pre-bent". I guess she was right :-)

There was only one brake pipe in the drawing that was listed with a
price, which made me think the rest were all in the "stainless steel"
set. Now I see on the facing page a listing for the straight steel brake
lines according to length. I guess you have to do two cars at the same
time. One set to straighten and measure for length, and the other set to
match the bends. :-)

That's what happens when you try to pretend you're working, and you're
really looking through Triumph parts catalogs.

Well it's back to my new career as a pipe bender I guess.

Thanks for the post. Had I ordered them, I would have been surprised at
how easy pipe bending was...no crimps.

:-)

Don