Re: Installing new brake lines on TR250

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Installing new brake lines on TR250
From: "James Tabor" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:50:04 +0000
any auto store sells brake line 'benders'.
my mechanic has a fancy one that has three (or four)
different sizes for the different size tubes. basically
it looks like a pulley wheel and then two smaller wheels at the top
for shaping and the pulley is tightened.

now, bending the tubes by hand w/o any tool will most likely
crink the tube any make the bend a weak point. so if it ever gets
bent in the slightest in the future - the tube will crack/break
at the edges and you will have leaks.

IMHO: buy a tool. there are cheap versions that you then bend the
tube totally by hand.

-j