Re: Fwd: RE: 30 degree valve seats and 3 angle valve grid

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: RE: 30 degree valve seats and 3 angle valve grid
From: William Whitmoyer <wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 16:50:42 -0500
Don:

Please see my other recent post about my jumping between conjecture about
valve-seat-grind-angle vs. facts about valve-angle-to-the-head to
illustrate the point that there is no one right answer in my original
message....but more to your question below.  Pro Stock V8s have custom
cylinder heads, and, as such, during design/manufacture they can dictate
many things, such as valve-angle-to-the-head, that you couldn't change
while rebuilding a regular production motor.  Although that's not something
that directly applies to our TR6s, I think it's reasonable to
assume...oh....well...forget it....I'm just going to go home and work on my
Fiat Spider now.