Re: Electronic Tach

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electronic Tach
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:01:35 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

Seeing that I scrapped the stock Lucas distributor on my TR6's in favor of
Mallory dual point units, I have a minor problem. There's no tach drive on
the Mallory dizzy. I know I can strap a cheapo tach to the steering
column, I've done that on the race car. But I'd like to keep the stock
look on the street car - so I'm looking for suggestions on converting the
stock housing/face to an electronic tach of some type.

I know I can buy a 5" face tach from VDO or AutoMeter or whatever, I'm
looking for other alternatives. For example, does Nissonger do this
conversion.

Failing that, has anyone on the list ever converted the front cover of the
engine for a Jones cam-driven tach drive? I'm looking for actual
experience in this area.

Thanks.
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |