RE: 220 hp TR6 engine

To: Mark Holveck <mholveck@princetonpower.com>
Subject: RE: 220 hp TR6 engine
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:19:11 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Mark Holveck wrote:

> Bob,

Hi.

> That's interesting to know, and, I suppose, not surprising.  Do you know if
> there are problems with running out of metal in the block and blowing out a
> cylinder or something that you've ever heard of?  How far can you bore out
> an engine before something like that happens?

I wouldn't do  it with a stock early block. If you want to bore - use a
later block with teh later head gasket. Besides, the later blocks
(starting at CC75000) are a bit stronger as they have additional material
cast into the block. Apparently, there was some concern about the block
breaking under heavy vibration and they cast an extra horizontal "bar" on
the right side of the engine.

> No it's not cheap, but wouldn't it be just awesome?  It's my day dream right
> now.

I don't wish to take your dreams away. I merely feel the need to indicate
that there are often concerns that one must be aware of if certain
persuits are being followed.

Me, I'd go for a .500 inch lift cam at 290 degrees and crank fired
ignition with Triple Webers. Gobs of torque all over the place even with a
mere .040 overbore.

:-)

Wait, the only thing I'm missing is the cam!

> -mark

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |